Arson: When Bad Things Happen to Good People
One of the most difficult parts of working for SERVPRO is seeing our customers go through dramatic events. Though these events are the cause of headaches and heartaches, they generally occur at the blame of faulty equipment or unavoidable weather incidents. However, one local rental property owner experienced an event far more incomprehensible: a property of his was the subject of arson.
According to the National Fire Prevention Association, arson is the leading cause of fire-related property damage in the United States.
When the property owner was alerted of the incident, SERVPRO of Murray, Benton, Cadiz, and Princeton was called to the scene. The rental property was gutted from the inside out. Everything from the carpet where the fire started to the bathroom fixtures on the other end of the property had to be replaced. This job was completed swiftly and efficiently by the crew at SERVPRO of Murray, Benton, Cadiz, and Princeton to ensure the safe return of the tenant.